Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What I learned on the Web about organized stalking

Group stalking is also identified as gang stalking or organized stalking. These are basically interchangeable terms, and I will use them as such. Searching the Web revealed a wide range of views on group stalking. The most active websites seem to center on government and law enforcement conspiracies, often including electronic harassment and injuries from such things as laser beams and microwave frequencies. These sites refer to the stalking victims as "targeted individuals" or TIs. They seemed to have quite a narrow focus on conspiracies by those in powerful government positions. Of course, only the foolish would deny that there is no such thing as a conspiracy; history is rife with documented exposed examples. Just one word: Watergate.

While not denying that there are government conspiracies, the focus on this kind of organized stalking offers linited disclosure about the myriad forms of group stalking and the motives of a wide variety of stalkers. Reading the entries and viewing the youtube videos was a bit like the parable of the blind men examining an elephant, Whatever part they were touching was their only view of the elephant. Yes, there is a trunk, legs, ears, tail, and body, but the full picture of an elephant is not revealed by only describing one part. We are only beginning to understand what the total body of crimes and motivations are included under the rubric of group stalking.

Much of what I read and saw seemed at first outlandish, even delusional. Then slowly the bulk of the information became frightening. Embedded within stories and viewpoints tha I questioned were descriptions of nearly every single tactic used against me in 19 years of stalking. Most of the tactics I recognized, like gaslighting, property destruction, mail theft and fraud, vehicular assaults as a pedestrian, theft of credit cards and bank account information that were never used to committ felony theft, and on and on.

What was most frightening, however, were the descriptions and labeling of things that were done to me that I knew were odd but did not realize were commonly used group stalking strategies. One technique was labeled as "Indirect Conversation," in which two people begin talking about you and using information that is personal and private in their conversations. I was on a plane to Denver heading to speak at a conference when I heard a big, dark-haired woman in a glaring red blouse say on the plane, "Yes, Renee Fredrickson is on her way to the conference now." I shrugged it off, having learned a long time ago to let these kinds of things flow over me like water, ignoring or rationalizing the event. "Oh, someone else is going to the conference and recognized me." But during the layover in Denver the same woman came over to where I was sitting and reading and began talking about me into her cellphone. "She's here now, just reading." Again, I just let it wash over me, even though the big woman moved within two feet of where I was sitting while she was talking. Now I know that this is called "Crowding," deliberately invading the personal space of the victim to intimidate and control. I knew she was stalking me. I did not know that her behaviors were common-enough techniques to have names and to be experienced by many other stalking victims.

Other things became clear. I have been "mobbed," which is the strategy of surrounding the victim in places where the larger-than normal group of people had ample room to spread out. I was pickpocted once while being mobbed. I also experienced something called "Blocking." This is using a car or cars to block the victim from leaving or entering a specified area. Twice my car was Blocked while I was in my therapist's office. (Believe me, you need a REALLY good therapist if you are being gang stalked.) The second time My car was blocked in so tightly that I took pictures of the cars and called the police. The officer told me that this was just "normal city parking." The pictures I took were stolen within days of being developed. As in other forms of victimization, I was not aware that these were common activities in the lives of the targeted group. These are just two examples I learned about techniques that are commonly used in group stalking. I thought they demonstrated the incredible inventiveness and power of my stalkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment